Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls IV

 Video games throughout its time has been developing into a more open world experience for the individuals who play them, and Skyrim is a pivotal moment in that experience. Skyrim is a video game made from Bethesda Softworks, who have made this game the fourth edition to this style of gameplay. Bethesda is notorious for making video games such as this, another example of this is Fallout. The main point of this is about Skyrim, so I will go in depth about what I think about it, and how I feel about it.
 Skyrim is unique in its own way, it has its own history, heavenly bodies and demonic entities. What makes this game stand out to me, is that it was the first open world game I have played. It has its own story, where an unlikely hero forges a destiny for himself to end the "World Eater" Alduin, a dragon said to destroy Tamriel in a prophecy. There is so much lore in the game and it takes days to learn the whole concept of it, which also shows that the developers of this game are really devoted to the game and makes it more interesting. You can explore basically an entire country and it takes a long time to gain armor and weapons for your hero, and in a way you feel connected to them. I really enjoy the game and its aspects of gameplay for that very reason. Time has passed and I have grown weary of it. That is until the remastered edition came out, now I continue to have adventures in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment